Friday, April 6, 2012

Jenny the Vegan Penguin [Original]


In the summer of 2010, my husband Chaz and I moved to San Diego from a goat farm in North Carolina's Appalachian mountains. It was certainly a change of pace from what we were doing on the farm for 8 months, but it was there that I met the inspiration for this song. Jenny was also an intern at Mountain Farm who also happened to lean toward the vegan persuasion. This song is dedicated to her:

Jenny, you have always astounded me with your ability to diverge from the flock's path. Kudos.

There is no album for this song to be off of just yet. However, I do have roughly 8 songs in total written about animals that I've personified with people I know, a mixture of experiences with different friends and of course, a reflection of myself. I tentatively call this album "Animals" for lack of a better name. Keep an eye out for more original animal recordings.

2 comments: